You can use your camera and microphone for sites in Chrome, like Google Hangouts or Skype.
- Open Chrome .
- Go to a site that wants to use your microphone and camera.
- When prompted, choose Allow or Block.
The permission you choose changes what sites can do with your camera and mic:
- Allowed sites:
- Sites can start to record when you're on the site. If you're in a different Chrome tab or a different app, a site can't start recording.
- If you lock your phone screen, the site will stop using your camera. It can still use your mic.
- Blocked sites: Some sites won't work if you block them. For example, you won't be able to join a video conference.
Change a site's camera and microphone permissions
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off.
To remove an existing exception or permission, to the right of the site, click Delete .
Fix problems with your mic
If your microphone isn’t working, try these steps:
Step 1: Make sure you aren't muted
If you’re using a headset, make sure the mute switch on the cord is off. Also, make sure you aren't muted on the website (like Google Hangouts or Skype).
Step 2: Check your system settings
If you're on a computer, make sure your microphone is the default recording device, and that recording levels are correct:
Step 3: Contact your manufacturer
If you’re still having problems, contact your microphone’s manufacturer.